Aug 23, 2018
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Attention innovators, entrepreneurs,researchers, and small technology firms (under 500 employees):
AMERICA’S LARGEST SEED FUND IS COMING TO MANCHESTER, NH!
SBIR Road Tours are a coordinated national outreach effort to develop a pipeline of SBIR/STTR award applicants from underserved states and communities. Over the course of this year, individual program managers from the 11 participating agencies representing $2.5 billion in early stage funding, will embark on an 18 state road tour. SBA coordinates federal agencies’ commitment to travel by motor coach throughout various regions of the country, making stops in selected states at events hosted and funded by local organizations committed to supporting technology-based entrepreneurship. These events provide attendees a face-to-face opportunity to engage directly with Federal Program Managers and decision makers from multiple agencies.
REGISTER NOW! First 25 Registrants are free.
(More detailed information coming soon!)
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Registration and networking
8:00am – Noon Host Introductions and SBIR/STTR Overview
One-on-one meetings with agencies (One-on-One sessions run concurrently with agency presentations and panels)
Reverse Pitches – 5-Minute Agency Overviews
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
R&D for a Public Purpose—the Granting Agencies
Discussing SBIR/STTR funding for investigator initiated projects. Panelists will discuss agency interest points, broad research funding missions, and address key considerations for proposing
to a granting agency.
12:15 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch Panel Success Stories: Tips from Those Who’ve Been There
1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Top 10 Dos and Don’ts for Your SBIR/STTR Proposal
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Essentials of SBIR/STTR Commercialization Planning
4:00 – 4:30 p.m. The Road Tour is Over, Now What?
Continental Breakfast and lunch provided.
This event is supported by the following organizations:
- The University of New Hampshire: UNHInnovation, UNHCooperative Extension, UNH Research Development, UNH Faculty
- State of New Hampshire, Department of Business & Economic Affairs
- New Hampshire Innovation Research Center (NHIRC)
- New Hampshire Tech Alliance
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire Office of the Small Business Administration
- New Hampshire Small Business Development Center
- New Hampshire Center for Women & Enterprise
- NH Aerospace & Defense Consortium
- NH Clean Tech Council