Oct 13, 2017
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Senator Maggie Hassan will convene a Commerce Committee field hearing titled, “Expanding Broadband Infrastructure in the Granite State,” where she will highlight the importance of expanding broadband infrastructure, especially in rural areas.
Senator Hassan is focused on working to expand broadband technologies and close the digital divide between urban and rural areas in New Hampshire and across America. Senator Hassan introduced bipartisan legislation with Senator Cory Gardner (R-CO) to establish a spectrum pipeline that will provide more capacity for wireless providers while also providing additional funding to invest in rural broadband infrastructure in places like New Hampshire. Senator Hassan also joined Senators Roger Wicker (R-MS) and Brian Schatz (D-HI) in introducing a bipartisan resolution in support of deploying 5G mobile broadband technology across the country.
- The Honorable Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Mr. Joshua Cyr, Director, Education and Acceleration, Alpha Loft
- Mr. Mike Reed, State President, Consolidated Communications
- Mr. Brian Shepperd, Director Broadband Services, University of New Hampshire
- Mr. Grant Spellmyer, Vice President – Federal Affairs & Public Policy, US Cellular
- Mr. Tom Strickland, President & Co-Owner, Sequoya Technologies
* Witness list subject to change