Jan 25, 2018
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Hannah Grimes Center
Startup Lab is an interactive program of seven classes held over eight weeks, designed to help you create, implement, and present a business plan. In the program, we cover marketing, financial, business planning, and organizational development to ensure that you have the tools you need to successful!
Startup Lab ends with a presentation to Hannah Grimes Center instructors, community members, and other professionals in the area interested in learning about participating businesses. While nerve-wracking to some, it’s the perfect opportunity to launch your business and practice the evasive pitch!
Startup Lab is a collaborative program. You will work with the instructor and other participants to discuss your business and dive deeply into the components of your business plan. The instructor’s role is to help facilitate the discussion and offer insight, where helpful.
We have also invited a number of community members to share their expertise and experience with either starting a business or supporting growing businesses. Guest speakers include entrepreneurs, service providers, working professionals, and all around wise sages.
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about an idea, but unsure where to start with a business plan to launch it
- You are motivated to take action and break through obstacles to grow your business
- You are ready and willing to challenge yourself and step outside your comfort zone
- You welcome constructive feedback so you can improve your business habits and practices
- You work collaboratively and recognize the benefit of sharing both success and failure to achieve success
Tuition for entire course: $600.00, scholarships available