Apr 27, 2017
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Alpha Loft at the UNH ECenter
We’ll Be Hearing From:
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Associate Director at the UNH Center for Ocean Renewable Energy
A Conversation About…University/Industry Collaborations in Renewable Energy Research
UNH is at the forefront of climate change studies and renewable energy research. For April’s seminar, we’ve invited UNH’s Martin Wosnik to our discussion about university/industry collaboration in renewable energy exploration.
Martin is an associate professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in fluid and thermal sciences with an emphasis on renewable energy, including ocean renewable energy, turbulent flows, high-speed hydrodynamics, and more. Martin has worked with several industry partners on renewable energy research projects throughout his career. He will share his insights on the benefits and challenges for both parties when pursuing such partnerships, and discuss the importance of industry/academic collaborations in developing sustainable energy sources that will protect our planet for future generations.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in start-ups, early stage ventures, or curious how to convert an idea into something real
- Anyone interested in innovation and UNH research
- Industry professionals
- Students, faculty, and staff
- Seasoned business leaders who would like to meet the next generation of business leaders
- The entire NH community interested in supporting, promoting, and encouraging new companies to start and stay in NH
(Come early, grab a beer, and chat with us!)
Networking with free beer and refreshments from 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
All are welcome, but attendees must be 21+ to partake in the alcoholic beverages.