Sep 27, 2018
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
UNHInnovation Training Room
About September’s Seminar
Join us for the first event in this year’s Wildcatalyst Seminar Series. Our theme this year is “Women in Research and Innovation,” and we will be highlighting innovative and entrepreneurial-minded women who have founded or led research-based businesses. This month, our speaker is Karleen Seybold, co-founder and CEO of Digital Skin Imaging, a six-year-old digital medical imaging company modernizing the way physicians visually capture and compare skin changes. Karleen currently holds five patents for image sequencing, alignment, and a skin cancer detection display module. Before co-founding Digital Skin Imaging, Karleen was a Senior Program Manager at Raytheon Company in Tucson, AZ for 17 years, where she led new business development efforts through innovative technology applications and directed an international new business program in missile defense.
In this seminar, Karleen will share her experiences and lessons learned while starting and growing a company from the ground up. She will discuss the successes and pitfalls she has encountered along the way and will provide her perspective on the unique challenges that female innovators and entrepreneurs can face.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in start-ups, early stage ventures, or curious how to convert an idea into something real
- Anyone interested in innovation and UNH research
- Industry professionals
- Students, faculty, and staff
- Seasoned business leaders who would like to meet the next generation of business leaders
- The entire NH community interested in supporting, promoting, and encouraging new companies to start and stay in NH