Do you have an idea for a business that you want to launch or explore more deeply? Have you always dreamed of becoming an entrepreneur, but were never sure just where to start? This course will help you to take the necessary steps to becoming an independent business owner, while gaining confidence in yourself and your knowledge of small business management. Each class meeting will include a lecture component to deliver information, while the emphasis will be hands-on learning in small groups and individual, one-on-one consultations.
In this ten-session business planning course, you will:
- Explore and assess the financial and market viability of your business concept
- Explore and assess your own strengths and areas for growth as an entrepreneur
- Learn how to market yourself and your business to target customers
- Explore options for funding the start-up and ongoing costs of operating your business
- Build a network of fellow entrepreneurs that can support you in launching and growing your new enterprise
- You will leave with a completed business plan to guide you in the launch and growth of your new company
- At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to participate in a pitch clinic, practicing in front of a supportive audience of local business people
This course does not require any previous experience or education in business management. However, access to a computer and knowledge of MS Word and Excel is strongly recommended.
When: Tuesdays, September 18th – November 20th, 2018 from 5:30-8:30pm
Where: MAxT Makerspace
49 Vose Farm Road
Peterborough, NH 03458
Fee: $450. Partial scholarships are available – call or email us to learn more!